As the year draws to a close, we find ourselves in the last 90 days - a crucial period to reflect on our accomplishments, set new goals, and finish the year strong. The last three months of the year provide a unique opportunity to make meaningful changes and set the tone for the year ahead.
I started practicing and incorporating the last 90 days 5-6 years ago. I first heard about it from personal development guru and author Rachel Hollis.
SO WHAT DOES RACHEL’S CHALLENGE CONSIST OF?
Rachel has developed 5 goals for the Last 90 Days Challenge that you can use exactly as they are to make things super simple. She calls them her ‘5 To Thrive’.
1. Get up an hour earlier than you normally do and use the time for yourself
2. Workout for at least thirty minutes
3. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day
4. Give up one food category you know you shouldn’t be eating
5. Write down ten things you’re grateful for every single day
I love how they are focused on health and wellbeing, but I tweaked them a bit for myself.
1. Understanding the Last 90 Days: The Last 90 Days is a concept that encourages individuals to shift their mindset and make intentional choices during the final 3 months of the year. It was popularized by various motivational speakers and thought leaders, urging people to finish the year with the same enthusiasm and determination as they started it. It's an opportunity to build momentum, embrace positive habits, and finish strong rather than succumbing to the common end-of-year slump. 2. Reflect and Set Goals: Start by reflecting on your achievements and challenges from the past nine months. Celebrate your wins and learn from your setbacks. With this knowledge, set clear and achievable goals for the last 90 days. Make sure these goals are specific, measurable, and aligned with your long-term aspirations. Having a clear direction will motivate and guide you through this crucial period. 3. Daily Affirmations and Visualization: Incorporate daily affirmations and visualization exercises into your morning routine. Positive affirmations help cultivate a growth mindset and boost self-confidence, while visualization allows you to see yourself achieving your goals. This practice sets a positive tone for the day and keeps you focused on your objectives. 4. Time Blocking and Prioritization: Efficient time management is crucial during the last 90 days. Use time blocking to allocate specific time slots for tasks and activities. Prioritize your daily to-do list, focusing on high-impact tasks that align with your end-of-year goals. By managing your time effectively, you'll be less likely to feel overwhelmed and more likely to make steady progress. 5. Embrace Healthy Habits: Physical and mental well-being play a significant role in your productivity and overall success. Incorporate healthy habits into your routine, such as regular exercise, balanced nutrition, mindfulness practices, and sufficient sleep. Taking care of your body and mind will provide the energy and clarity needed to tackle challenges during this period. 6. Learn Continuously: The last 90 days offer an excellent opportunity for self-improvement. Dedicate time to learning and developing new skills that align with your interests and goals. This could be through reading books, taking online courses, or attending workshops. Lifelong learning keeps your mind sharp and opens doors to new opportunities. 7. Accountability and Support: Share your Last 90 Days journey with friends, family, or colleagues who can provide support and hold you accountable. Consider joining a mastermind group or seeking a mentor who can offer guidance and encouragement. Having a support system will keep you motivated and on track to achieve your goals. My Last 90 Days Goals:
1. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier every night
2. Workout 30 minutes a day
3. Meditate every day
4. Read for 20 minutes everyday
5. Cut out sweets and binge eating at night.
6. Finish my Strong Body + Calm Mind Digital Program and launch it beginning of December!!
7. Practice Gratitude Daily
The Last 90 Days is a powerful concept that empowers us to make the most of the final 3 months. By setting clear goals, adopting positive habits, managing time effectively, and embracing personal growth, you can transform the last three months into a period of remarkable accomplishments and growth. As you incorporate these practices into your routine, remember that small, consistent steps can lead to significant and lasting changes in your life. Embrace the Last 90 Days, finish the year strong, and step into the new year with renewed enthusiasm and purpose.
Who wants to join me?
Replay to this email and let's be accountability buddies!