Have you ever felt like a snow globe all shaken up? Shaken all up things moving all around and your brain and mind are going in every which way?
Whether it’s all the noise and stress going on inside your head or you’re allowing other people, places, and things affect you, know that we are in control of our moods and how we react.
A new trend is making the wellness rounds this year, and that’s something called breathwork. It’s right up there with the green juice, ginger shots, journal writing, meditation, us wellness junkies do.
What is breathwork?
Breathwork encompasses various techniques that incorporate intentional use of the breath. Basically, you can learn to regulate the flow of breath to balance the body and mind.
I like to practice breath work to cultivate patience and help with stress and anxiety.
People have practiced breathwork to:
· aid positive self-development.
· boost immunity.
· process emotions, heal emotional pain and trauma.
· develop life skills.
· develop or increase self-awareness.
· enrich creativity.
· improve personal and professional relationships.
· increase confidence, self-image, and self-esteem.
What are some of the different types of breathwork?
4-7-8 Breath: This breathing practice uses the technique of holding the breath to “press pause” on the busy mind. The sequence is: inhale 4 counts, hold 7 counts, exhale 8 counts. The prolonged exhale encourages the nervous system/whole body to let go of stress and emerge feeling renewed.
Alternate Nostril Breathing: To start, place the right thumb pad gently onto the right nostril (just enough pressure to block the air). Inhale in this position, through the left nostril. Then, hold the breath as you switch, placing the right index finger on the left nostril. Once in place, exhale through the right nostril. Inhale here, and then continue switching nostrils before exhaling. This has a balancing effect on the body/mind.
Box breathing, also known as four-square breathing, involves exhaling to a count of four, holding your lungs empty for a four-count, inhaling at the same pace, and holding air in your lungs for a count of four before exhaling and beginning the pattern anew.
· Breathwork involves manipulating your breathing rate to change how you’re feeling.
· The benefits of breathwork include reducing stress and inflammation to alkalizing your blood PH levels.
. Breathwork can energize you too. If you're tired and feel run down there are energizing breathing techniques.
· Check with your doctor before you start a breathwork practice if you have a history of cardiovascular issues, including high blood pressure, or are currently taking antipsychotic medications. Also, if you are pregnant.
Remember to count to five. And just breathe. It can shift your whole mood!
With the new year so many people make goals and resolutions. This program will teach you how to nourish and cleanse your body and mind so that you can reset your ability to heal and flourish.
I've created this 14 day program because I wanted to share it with anyone else who may need this in their life. It's quick but oh so mighty!
My hope is that this program can help you realize ways in which you need to care for yourself better, and help make it a habit.
I want to help you set your intentions, clear out the old junk, set up healthy habits, detox, and reset your life.
Learn how to eat to nourish your body, move your body because you love yourself, implement simple tools and wellness strategies that will help you sleep better, be more present, have gratitude, improve your health, feel energized, detox your home and space, calm your cravings, and have tools to help release stress.
Here is what you'll get:
1. 14 days in a private Facebook Group with a set schedule. If you can not make a live session, the videos will remain available to watch at your convenience.
2. A 14 day plant based meal plan and grocery list.
3. Daily Meditations in the private Facebook Group
4. Daily journal prompts in the private Facebook Group
7. Cardio Barre
8. Cardio Boxing
10. Breath Work
11. Make a vision board
12. One 1:1 private zoom after the 14 days to customize each participants goals for the new year to set you up for continued success.
For more info and to sign up click on the link.