I’m so exhausted from the past 2 months of 2020. I have had the worst anxiety and insomnia these past 2 weeks.
I had originally scheduled another blog post to go out but with so many people telling me they have the same emotions and anxiety I knew I needed to let others know they’re not alone.
Statistics showing a rise in Covid cases is frightening. In Ohio positive cases are spreading like wildfire. Stress, anxiety, and depression are at all time highs.
It’s so hard to get out of our heads but working out and blasting music help me so much.
Ways Yoga Lowers Stress and Anxiety.
Regular practice soothes the mind and body.
As we are surrounded by Covid-19, we should keep our immune system strong. It is directly related to the health of our mind and body. A peaceful mind is necessary for a strong immune system.
Yoga is one of the most effective all-natural approaches for addressing anxiety, stress, and depression, and it’s easily available to do at home via apps and online classes.
“Yoga and meditation are powerful tools for stress resilience and strengthening mental health,” says Nicole Renée Matthews, Director of Yoga at Newport Academy. Yoga is also a wonderful practice for families to do together, to strengthen bonds and enhance family harmony.
More and more evidence supports yoga as an added strategy for managing stress and increasing wellbeing. People who practice yoga experience less anxiety, less depression, and fewer symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. Yoga also improves wellbeing, including increased gratitude, compassion, relatedness, acceptance, centeredness, empowerment, self-esteem, compassion, self-awareness, and hope.
Yoga can help us to manage stress and self-regulate, an important tool in the current time. We are all equipped with innate coping strategies for responding to stress—but sometimes our stress response can become out of balance. We are living in a world that regularly activates our sympathetic response—the body’s way of responding to stress, sometimes called “fight or flight.
Yoga For Anxiety: Do These Yoga Poses Every Day To Curb Stress, Depression And Anxiety Symptoms:
1. Camel pose: Ustarasana or camel pose can help in releasing stress and improve blood circulation throughout the body. Improved blood circulation means better supply of oxygen, which can be healing for your mind and body.
2. Bridge pose: Just like camel pose, even the bridge pose or setu bandhasana can improve blood circulation in the body. It opens up the front of spine and heart, which further helps in calming the mind and reducing stress.
3. Butterfly pose: This is a simple and basic yoga posture which can stretch your inner thighs and groin. Perform the asana while keeping your spine erect and it can help in releasing tension and can have a calming effect on your body.
4. Child's pose: Also known as balasana, this yoga poses is known to be a relaxing pose. It can have a rejuvenating effect on the body. The yoga pose can also be done for getting relief from back and neck pain.
5. Pigeon Pose: It is a primal reaction to store stress, trauma, fear and anxiety in the hips. These bottled up feelings create tight hips. Pigeon Pose opens the hips and releases negative feelings and undesirable energy stored in your system.
6. Inversion Poses: Turn that frown upside down. Inversion poses turn off the " fight or flight" stress response. It mellows our nervous system, trigger certain relaxation responses in our bodies. Inversions include downward facing dog, legs up the wall, shoulder stance,
headstand, handstand, and forearm stand.